James H. Frost, MD, FACS, Physician
- Certified by The American Board of Surgery
- Member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons
- Member of the Mastery of Breast Surgery Program
- General surgery residency at the University of Illinois Metropolitan Group Hospital program in Chicago
James Frost, MD, FACS is a board-certified general surgeon, Certified by The American Board of Surgery, with a special interest in treating patients with benign and malignant breast disease.
He attended undergraduate school at the University of Rochester, graduating with degrees in chemical engineering and biology. While attending medical school at the Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara, Dr. Frost became fluent in Spanish and developed an appreciation for the need to tailor treatment based on a patient’s cultural background.
After completing medical school through the Mount Sinai School of Medicine’s Fifth Pathway, Dr. Frost then completed a general surgical residency at the University of Illinois Metropolitan Group Hospital program in Chicago. He received additional training in breast surgery from Dr. Yosef Pilch (one of the original investigators in the National Surgical Adjuvant Breast and Bowel Project).
At Trinitas Hospital, Dr. Frost spearheaded the development of the multi-specialty breast cancer panel, which has been continuously re-certified by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). This concept centralizes multiple consultations to one location, thereby streamlining care. Dr. Frost has also served as hospital liaison to the Commission on Cancer for many years.
Dr. Frost joined the American Society of Breast Surgeons in 2008 and has been a participant in the Mastery of Breast Surgery program since 2010. He has been certified and recertified in stereotactic breast surgery and breast ultrasonography. Dr. Frost has been named a Top Doctor in New York Magazine, Castle Connolly and Inside New Jersey magazine.
Awards & Honors
James H. Frost, MD, FACS, has been the recipient of several prestigious awards for his surgical excellence, including:
- New York Magazine Best Doctors: June 2010
- New York Best Doctors-Castle Connolly and New York Magazine: 2010
- 2010 Top Doctors for Women (as chosen by their peers) Inside Jersey magazine: January
- New York Top 100 Minimally Invasive Surgeons, NY Magazine: 2002
- Top Doctor NY Metro Area 2001-2015 Castle Connolly Guide
- Nominated for AOA Election (by Executive Director, Robert L. Schmitz, M.D. of Residency Program): 1986
- Robert L. Schmitz, MD Award for the Best Senior Absite Score: 1986
- Diploma of Excellence in Medical Studies-Universidad Autónoma De Guadalajara: 1979, 1982 and 1983
- Appointment to Admissions Committee of the School of Medicine, Universidad Autónoma De Guadalajara: 1981-1982
Egg Harbor Township